Monday, September 7, 2009

WANTED!

People who can radically challenge this generation!

ARE YOU IN ?

Campus Ministry is a powerful instrument for moulding generations for Christ- to prepare today’s youngsters to become Missionaries. I have experienced that power during the 7 years of my college education. The College prayer groups have helped me to build my life on the Rock, through many senior JY, Elders, priests & Religious. For me, it was like 7 holistic years of formation in a “Faith Formation Centre”. I was taught, trained and exposed to an in-house training on how to look at Catholic Spirituality in the context of Contemporary World. I came through a deeper conviction that Jesus has a powerful plan and higher thought about University Campuses, and it happened after seeing with my own eyes the changed lives of hundreds of young people!

Even when I was stretched out in all ways, God gave me the grace to prioritize my studies and to focus only on Him. Even my family, relationships, Character, Personality, Job & Career...in everything, I could see the countless blessings of the Lord! If we stretch out maximum for Him, He will always reward us with everything we need in our lives, in the best way possible

Like me, many people had a Dream to win the campus today and to change the world tomorrow’.

To win people for Christ, build them in Catholic faith, Train them in building up a ministry and then send them to reach out to others.

It happened in the last years and it will happen again! And let nothing stop this dream to unfold, get it visualized through your youth groups and become a life-giving experience!

Few decades back, when Jesus Youth campus prayer groups started growing in different parts of Kerala, no one had imagined or dreamt about youngsters from universities could be changed into missionaries..No one thought about a One Year Full Time Commitment for the Lord…Their dreams were smaller and the Lord gave us big dreams, he put on the wings to fly and to move out to youngsters in various parts of not only India, but in over 25 Countries!

So when you speak or share about Jesus to a youngster in a Campus, It has much and more greater impact today…

We can see the beautiful work of Holy Spirit through Philip in Acts chapter 8. Philip allowed the Holy Spirit to work in him; the Ethiopian got baptized and the Gospel was sent to Africa!

In the university campus evangelization, Holy Spirit takes the centre stage. If the disciple teaches, it is because the Spirit teaches the disciple (Luke 12:12).If the listener is convinced, it is because the Spirit has penetrated his heart (John 16:10). If the listener is converted, it is by the transforming power of the Spirit (Roman 8:11).

You have the same Spirit working with you that Philip did. Let the Spirit of the Lord take control of your thoughts and steps. An Angels’ voice may not come with flashing and flickering lights, may be a soft voice while you are a youngster in your Campus!

I do believe that the National Campus Meet 2009 is an opportunity to listen to God’s Voice and to understand His thoughts.

“My thoughts.” says the Lord, “are not like yours, and my ways are different from yours, and my ways are different from yours. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways and thoughts above yours. My word is like the snow and the rain that come down from the sky to water the earth. They make the crops grow and provide seed for planting and food to eat. So also will be the word that I speak – It will not fail to do what I plan for it; It will do everything O send it to do” (Isaiah 55:8 – 11)

Running the race with you all!

Navin Bruce Thomas

Asst.Corodinator.

JY International Team.

No comments:

"I have never yet found a man who has not converted,if previously I had time to pray the rosary - st.Clement