Saturday, June 20, 2009

BEFORE CV and AFTER CV

CV'09 has been a time of grace and learning for me.I want to share two of my experiences that I had.
While returning home after CV,we missed the Coromandel Exp bound for howrah,scheduled to leave at 8:45am due to our late arrival.Our ticket money couldn't be refunded and to add to our trouble we had to spend extra money on booking new tickets of the next immediate train that was available.We were left with few hundred bucks. On hearing of our situation Rohit's Gujrat friend's friend who is working in Chennai approached us with Rs 3000/- in case if we encountered any problem during journey.What amazed me was that though we were strangers to each other yet he trusted us. We boarded Howrah Exp same night but had to spend that night on the floor since our tickets were in waiting list . I felt really embarrased sleeping near wash basin but it was a humbling experience. We were assured to get confirmed berths towards next evening but our prayers didn't go unanswered , before afternoon we got the confirmation.
This not only happened on our return journey but also on our onward journey. While travelling to kerela from howrah to chennai we were in waiting list. Few minutes left for the train to depart and we were praying desperately for a way out. It was then Fr Ramesh who came to our rescue, he was also travelling to Kerela for vacation that day. He willing shared his berth with us. I truely believe that it was the divine intervention otherwise we wouldn't be able to attend CV'O9.

Another experience was after the completion of CV. Along with Sr. Rita I had to outreach one of the parish in our deanery regarding "Indian Mission Congress and Yesu Mahoutsav". I was reluctant to go because of unknown dialect yet i went. To my surprise i was introduced as Jesus Youth which i least expected. On hearing about me, one of the priest shared about his first encounter with 2 Keralite JY nurses in one of the Haryana villages where he had been to.Overcoming the language barrier these nurses were evangelising from village to village. On hearing and seeing their committment that priest was really astonished.Later during homely that priest spoke about Jesus Youth and also introduced me to all the parishners attending mass. He appreciated JY and also invited me to introduce Jesus Youth lifestyle and prayer to the youths of that parish.Remember friends, I had shared in CV'09 about my dream of reaching out to youths of Bardhman.In the morning I was hesitant to travel to Bardhman; introducing JY there is my dream had simply slipped of my mind but the Lord remembered it.I still cant believe that my dreams are coming true!!
I praise the Lord for such beautiful experiences!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good Neha! GBU !

Melvin said...

thnk u neha 4 ur inspiring sharing..

Unknown said...

Wonderful sharing... Really happy to hear about ur missions and you are allowing to use by god as a mighty instrument

BLOSSOM said...

neha u were always inspring during CV but after CV also ur continuing the same

"I have never yet found a man who has not converted,if previously I had time to pray the rosary - st.Clement